The third cohort of Techies in Residence has kicked off with 9 projects addressing a range of social challenges across Northern Ireland.
There was a huge amount of interest for the third edition of Techies in Residence programme, from both social challenges being addressed to tech companies interested in working on the challenges. We’ve now appointed 9 technical providers to help deliver each of the challenges.
Techies in Residence is a Social Innovation NI initiative funded by Building Change Trust and Comic Relief. Innovate NI has been appointed by Building Change Trust as Managing Agent for the Techies in Residence programme.
The 9 projects, and their technical providers, are:
- Belfast Unemployed Resource Centre are working with iTeam
- Children’s Law Centre are working with Keith Maxwell
- Drake Music working with Eoin Lennon
- Housing Rights are working with Zoo Creative
- Mencap Northern Ireland working with C60 Ltd
- Parenting NI working with Kippie CIC
- Shelter NI are working with Zoo Creative
- uHub are working with Damgeo
- Your Derry are working with Metadeck
Innovate NI will now be teaming up with each of these organisations to match them with Techies in order to fulfil the briefs. Keep an eye for more information on each of the projects. We’ll be kicking off with a residential to help groups get to know each other and get to the heart of the challenges.