We’re working with some of the best tech talent in Techies in Residence, including Aerona, who are working with Women’s Aid on their project.
Tell me a little about yourself and your organisation
- Aerona Software is a cloud based Practice Management software delivered to its customers via web access. It can be accessed via PC, Mac, tablet and Smartphone. It allows our customers to manage their practice efficiently, whilst allowing them to customize the application to fit their needs.
- At Aerona software I develop and enhance the product to provide Aerona customers with the tools they require to make their practice as efficient as possible. I do this by developing changes to the front end of the site as well as scripting changes in the back-end that will provide new tools and features to the Application.
What attracted you to the Techies in Residence Programme?
- With Aerona software working with various different clinics and practices in the health sector. Here at Aerona we thought that working with Women’s Aid would be a good fit, especially when they consider the privacy of their users and data as much as we do here at Aerona software.
What attracted you to working with Women’s Aid?
- Creating a portal for Women’s aid sounds like a project that we could bring our expertises to. With Aerona Software’s product being a cloud web-based product, we believed that we could provide Women’s Aid with a good online portal that would be very professional and efficient to their needs.
Tell us a little about what’s exciting about this project?
- Working on this project is giving us the opportunity to look at other aspects of development as well as seeing the needs of different organisations out there. Having this insight could help Aerona Software broaden their scope and help them maybe to get into other sectors of the Health industry.
What challenges do you think you’re going to face in this process?
- I don’t expect many challenges going forward as Aerona and Women’s Aid have a good understanding on the requirements, targets and milestones that need to be reached. I hope that once this project comes to completion that we have provided everything that we set out to achieve in the beginning.
What scope do you see for your solution beyond Northern Ireland?
- I am not sure if there is a scope for the solution to go beyond Northern Ireland. Although with the project we always set out to provide Women’s Aid with the ability to amend and change things within the portal so they can continue to add or change certain sections with ease, if and when required.